Saturday, April 7, 2007

Shadow

Have you ever seen an item for sale on e-bay or somewhere like that where the person listing it took a picture and their reflection was in the item? This was kinda one of those. I was out one night and went to a home to serve some papers. It had a vehicle in the driveway, lights on. The front door was one with glass in it and it wasn't smoked glass, it was clear. I could see a front room, one of those half walls and through the hall way could see a TV and couch, the family room. No one was visible but once I knocked I could see a shadow of someone move across the room in front of the TV, they walked towards the corner of the wall then I could see them get on their knees and almost lay down. I was laughing at this point as I watched a young lady in her mid 20's peeked around the corner, maybe a foot off the ground. I was looking straight at her since I was watching the shadow the whole time. Busted, she backed up quickly and stood up and a few seconds later answered the door. What can I say about that one? Sneaky sneaky... Or so she thought... Lesson learned: When avoiding people at you home, start by covering up windows, if you fail to do that don't try to be sneaky if you're that clueless :)

2 comments:

professional courtesy said...

Speaking of clueless, you might want to run a simple spell check before you post. The word is spelled "sneAkY", not "sneEkE". Your job requires intelligence, finesse, tact, subtlety, intuition, and a modicum of socially adeptness. Potential customers may second guess you if they see incompetence in basic grade school skills. This is friendly advice, take it as you will.

Allen said...

I'm a redneck and a hunter and Sneekee makes some great clothing!! A marketing guy told me that little mis- spellings can get a lot of attention and actually increase your exposure.
If she was a hunter Sneekee would have been embarrassed to have her wearing their gear...